Born in La Spezia in 1939, artist, architect and designer.
In 1959 he was among the founders of the ‘N’ group for Programmed Art. In 1961 he attended the Hochschule für Ulm. From 1962 he began working in interior design and furniture design. In 1964 he completed his studies of architecture and design in Venice. In 1972 he participated in the seminal exhibition at the MOMA in New York (Italy: The New Domestic Landscape). In 1983 he moved to New York, carrying out intense teaching activities. He engaged in an intense design activity both in the architectural field (skyscraper in Manhattan, Pluralist Tower, São Paulo) and in furniture and complementary design working for B&B Italia, Cassina. Leading exponent of experimental design, great expert in the treatment of plastic materials.